Monday, July 16, 2012

specimens


Today we went for a walk in search of dinosaur bones.

Found some very interesting specimens.

And came home to sketch them. 
(Along with a picture of a man sleeping with a dog and, oops, forgot to take off his hat!)

Hazel Dress - almost done
And here's my Hazel dress so far. I just need to get an invisible zipper foot to finish it up. Kicking myself because I was at the sewing shop just on the weekend but didn't want to shell out $28 for an invisible zipper foot. Thought I would be able to sew in the zipper without it, but then remembered the last invisible zipper I tried to sew on with a regular foot turned out rather crappity-crap. So, I'm going to spend the $28 in the hopes that this time, my zipper installation will be beautiful which will make my dress beautiful and I'll wear it all the time and it'll all be worth it in the end. Fingers crossed..

x melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment