Friday, July 6, 2012

a simple, satisfying project

I was having one of those days yesterday... It felt like I couldn't quite accomplish anything. It was probably the first really sunny day of summer and my kids just refused to leave the house. I managed to get one kid out on our patio for about 20 minutes until a stupid wasp chased him back into the house again. (Truth be told the wasp really was just minding his own business but my kids are still kind of freaked out by them.) Whenever my kids seemed like they were happy doing an activity like painting, playing with trains, dress-up etc, I tried to sneak away to do some sewing or cleaning. But sure enough, once they noticed I wasn't right there with them they came chasing me down.

By the end of the day I was feeling super annoyed. You know that feeling when there are just so many things that you want to do, but you can't, but then you have a wee bit of time and you don't know where to start? Yup. I was there. After moping around feeling sorry for myself for a while, I decided to sew up a couple of these

The Everything Bag

Thank you Jeni for creating this pattern. Such a simple, satisfying project. Exactly what I needed :)

1 comment:

  1. That is lovely! Cute and clever use of contrasting fabric. Thank you for providing the link to the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete