Thursday, July 21, 2011

getting ready


All week I've been sewing like a mad-woman. Why? To stock up for my very first craft market! Yay! Hooray! (followed by a little shiver..) I'm completely excited but also very nervous about this since I don't really know what to expect as a seller. I love love LOVE going to craft markets and overall, it's generally a good vibe, you know, like friendly, laid-back.. everyone is just doing their thing... So instead of worrying myself into a frenzy, I'm going to:

1) not think about being judged as a crafter/maker
2) not think about all the stuff I SHOULD have made but didn't have time to
3) not think about the possibility that it might rain downpour (which is very likely considering the 'summer' we've had so far)
4) ask all you lovely folks if  you have any advice for a newbie market seller

Are any of you market veterans? Any tips? Advice? Words of wisdom? I'd love to hear it!

And of course, if any of you are in the GVRD, I'll be setting up my little table of goodies at the Blim Community Night Market on Saturday, July 23 from 5-9pm. Please come say hello!


1 comment: