Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Dear Mr. Sun,

It's almost July. The summer solstice has come and gone. School is out. Where are you??


On Saturday, C and I headed over to the local farmer's market at Trout Lake park. It started out as a slight drizzle... then torrential rainfall. It was literally coming down in sheets!


Everyone scrambled to hide under the vendor tents. We happened to stumbled upon some lovely succulents.


The only thing bright and shiny that day was the huge bin of peppers.


Although I am complaining about the weather (seriously, where is our summer?!), it was sort of fun to get caught up in the craziness of it all. C was loving the puddles and jumped in every one she could find (which was a LOT). And we left with a bag of organic apple chips and a pumpkin scone. So all in all, it was a good, albeit soggy day at the market.


And a few random bits:

-do you remember making friendship bracelets in high school? Actually, I don't know if I ever got around to making one myself, but I did wear them and I'm going to try to make one now with the help of this awesome tutorial

-I'm really loving yogurt right now. Maybe I'll start sending over my empty yogurt containers to my good friend Jenn

-Some new things will be popping up in the shop. I'll share a sneak peek soon.. (hee hee!)

-I have finally joined the world of tweets. If you'd like to follow me on Twitter, I'm right over here.

3 comments:

  1. I loved friendship bracelets :-) Will have to try and teach my girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in Portland and I am wondering where our summer is too.... Wishing you some sun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought my niece a book on how to make friendship bracelets! And yes, send your empty yogurt containers my way ;)

    ReplyDelete