Monday, May 9, 2011

crafty sightseeing

A happy belated Mother's Day to all the Mamas and Mamas-to-be out there! I hope you had a fantastic day brunching, being pampered and feeling very loved!

I had a low-key but wonderful Mother's Day. One of my 'wishes' for the day was to be able to spend a little leisurely browsing (kid-free) time at the local Got Craft market which was held at the Royal Canadian Legion on Commercial Drive. It was so great to be surrounded by such awesome local talent. I didn't end up buying very much, just a small bottle of hand cream by Earthgirl Aromatherapy (which smells sooo delicious!), and a couple cookies from The Gluten Free Epicurean (which tasted delicious). I also came away a little 'prize ribbon' that  I made at the Spool of Thread DIY craft table. All in all, a great way to spend the afternoon!


On Saturday, I also got out to another community market that my friend Jenn of Jenn's Yarn Addiction was participating in. Although it wasn't specifically a 'craft market', she was there with all her crocheted goodies!


Her Angry Birds are by far her best sellers, but I came away with a couple of rabbits (I couldn't resist), and a rocker-girl doll.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh lots of crafty sights for you this past weekend! Thanks for the shout out :)

    ReplyDelete